Our social media feeds are filled with all things Y2K (Seriously… criss cross jeans, platform shoes, miniature bags, and matching sets)… And we’re here for it! If you love the criss cross jeans look as much as we do, this blog post is for you!
Below, we break down two of the most popular pairs of criss cross jeans (including how they’re alike, how they’re different, and what we love about each pair) so you can decide which one is right for you.
First up: AGOLDE.
The AGOLDE Criss Cross Jeans (also called the AGOLDE Criss Cross Upsized Jeans) have been ALL OVER the internet. And for great reason. They’re loose-fitting, light wash, and have the trendy criss cross waistband.
What We Love
- They are perfect for the baggy jeans trend, but still have some structure.
- The raw hem adds a fun, distressed touch.
- Based on the reviews, these jeans fit true to size (although a few commenters did find them a little oversized). We love when brands get their size chart right!
What We Don’t Love
- If you’re on the shorter side, these jeans might be too long for you.
- They don’t come in multiple shades, so you have to be into light-wash jeans.
- Unlike the Pistola pair, the fly on the AGOLDE jeans is slanted. So if you wear a shirt that covers the criss-cross waistband, the fly area may look strange.
- They’re non-stretch.
- Size Range: 23 to 32
- Rise: 10.75”
- Inseam: 30”
- Leg opening: 17”
- Material: 100% Cotton
- Distressed hems
Real-Life Reviews + Try On Videos
Price (when the blog was published): $198.00
These Pistola jeans are to. die. for. They scream vintage in the best way and have an ultra-flattering fit.
What We Love
- Just like the AGOLDE pair, these straight jeans are perfect for the baggy jeans trend (while keeping some structure and a high-rise waist).
- They have a vintage-inspired, super light wash color that we LOVE.
- They’re made from a cotton-rayon blend (which is a super soft fabric that provides just a little stretch).
What We Don’t Love
- If you’re on the tall side, these jeans might be too short for you.
- Most reviewers recommend sizing down, since these jeans run big.
- Size Range: 24 to 33
- Rise: 10.5”
- Inseam: 27”
- Leg opening: 15”
- Material: Cotton/rayon blend
Price (when the blog was published): $158.00
How are they different?
Both jeans look quite similar, however, they differ in several categories. One pair is longer, one pair is wider, and they come in different shades (among other differences).
Ultimately, whether these differences matter to you completely depends on your preferences… but like with any type of clothes, small differences really matter when you try them on.
So, here’s a recap of how these jeans differ from one another:
- Inseam length: The AGOLDE pair has a 30” inseam, whereas the Pistola pair has a 27” inseam. This makes the AGOLDE pair great for women that are tall or average height (the Pistola pair is better for short women).
- Leg width: The AGOLDE pair has a 17” leg opening, whereas the Pistola pair has a 15” inseam. You can expect the AGOLDE pair to have a slightly baggier, wide-leg fit.
- Fly: The Pistola jeans have a straight fly, whereas the AGOLDE jeans have a slanted fly, in line with the criss cross waistband.
- Criss cross waistband: The Pistola criss cross waistband wraps all the way around, and the AGOLDE one stops after the button.
- Distressed hems: The AGOLDE jeans have distressed hems.
- Color: The Pistola jeans are lighter blue than the AGOLDE pair.
- Price: The Pistola jeans are slightly less expensive than the AGOLDE jeans.
Which pair should you get?
If you prefer a vintage-inspired look, go for the Pistola jeans! This pair is especially great if you’re short.
If you prefer wide leg jeans and a more pronounced criss cross, go for the AGOLDE jeans! The AGOLDE pair is also longer, so they’re great if you’re tall.
Find Your Perfect Pair of Jeans
At Revelle, we like to think of ourselves as jean experts. We know that a woman’s body isn’t defined by one body shape. That’s why we use our algorithm to find all of the best denim jeans for your individual proportions. So whether you order flare jeans, baggy jeans, or skinny jeans, you know they’ll fit the first time you try them on.
Sign up now to gain access to a personalized, online jeans shop filled with jeans from your favorite brands (including Levi’s, AGOLDE, Good American, and more!). We’ll even recommend which size to buy at checkout based on how each brand fits.
Revelle is on a mission to make women feel beautiful in their bodies every day by helping them find clothes that actually FIT, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you do purchase something by clicking on a link, we may receive a small commission.
show comments on this post (0)