If you’re shopping for the perfect everyday jeans, we know you’ve stumbled across Levi’s Wedgie Jeans. They’re high-waisted, flattering, comfortable, and affordable… What more could you ask for?
Now, to choose which pair. The Icon Fit is tapered and slightly fitted, whereas the Straight Fit is looser in the legs. But don’t worry, we get into the nitty gritty details below!
First up: The Icon Fit.
What We Love
- Casual feel: Despite being fitted, these jeans have a laid-back look.
- Fitted, but not skinny: These jeans will hug you in all the right places but aren’t skin-tight.
- Just enough stretch: They’re made with a stretchy cotton-elastane blend.
What We Don’t Love
- Runs small: According to reviews, these jeans run quite small (so you’ll need to size up 1-2 sizes when ordering).
- Doesn’t accentuate curves: These jeans have a pretty fitted (and structured) silhouette. Based on reviews, they might be less comfortable for curvy women.
Price (when the blog was published): $98.00
Now for the Wedgie Straight. We LOVE when denim brands give us options, right?
Levi’s Wedgie Straight Jeans are similar to their sister pair (the Icon Fit), but have a classic straight fit throughout the legs.
What We Love
- Ultra high-waist: We LOVE super high-rise jeans. Ultra high-rise waistbands tend to eliminate gapping and accentuate the waist.
- Great for curves: Based on reviews, these jeans fit curvy body shapes really well!
- Fit true-to-size: These jeans fit true-to-size (finally, a pair of jeans with consistent sizing!).
What We Don’t Love
- In-between length: According to reviews, these jeans fall somewhere in between cropped jeans and ankle jeans.
- Button fly: A button fly can be more restricting than a zipper fly.
- Tight around the midsection and loose in the legs: Depending on how you like your jeans to fit, this could be a “love it” or “hate it” moment for you. These jeans have an ultra-high waistband and loose, stretchy legs. If you have a smaller waist and curvy bottom half, they’ll probably fit you very well. However, if you don’t, you might find the fit awkward.
- Size Range: 23 to 34
- Rise: 11.25”
- Leg opening: 15”
- Material: 97% cotton, 2% polyester, 1% elastane
Price (when the blog was published): $59.99
Real-Life Review + Try-On Video
How are they different?
Let’s be honest… small differences can be BIG when you actually put a pair of jeans on your body.
Here’s how the Wedgie Icon vs. Wedgie Straight Jeans compare.
- The Icon Fit has a tapered leg. This is perhaps the biggest difference between the two pairs. The Icon Fit has a 12” leg opening whereas the Straight Fit has a 15” leg opening.
- The Straight Fit is true-to-size. According to reviews, you can order the Straight Fit TTS, but you should size up for the Icon Fit.
- The Straight Fit has a better structure for curvy body shapes. This is because the Straight Fit is loose and stretchy in the hips and legs. On the other hand, the Icon Fit has a narrow, fitted silhouette (perfect if you don’t have curves!).
Which pair should you get?
Only you can decide which jeans make you feel comfortable and confident. But since you asked for our opinion…. Here’s which pair we think you should get!
If you have a straight body shape or love skinny jeans, go for the Wedgie Icon Jeans! You’ll love the tapered leg and fitted silhouette.
If you have a curvy body shape or prefer loose-fitting jeans, go for the Wedgie Straight Jeans! The cinched waist and stretchy material will accentuate your curves.
Find Your Perfect Pair of Jeans
At Revelle, we like to think of ourselves as jean experts. We know that a woman’s body isn’t defined by one body shape. That’s why we use our algorithm to find all of the best denim jeans for your individual proportions. So whether you order mom jeans, bootcut jeans, or skinny jeans, you know they’ll fit the first time you try them on.
Sign up now to gain access to a personalized, online jeans shop filled with jeans from your favorite brands (including Levi’s, AGOLDE, Good American, and more!). We’ll even recommend which size to buy at checkout based on how each brand fits.
Revelle is on a mission to make women feel beautiful in their bodies every day by helping them find clothes that actually FIT, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you do purchase something by clicking on a link, we may receive a small commission.