Everyone’s body is different. Here at Revelle, we believe that’s what makes us beautiful. We pride ourselves on helping women find jeans that fit their specific body shape. Because jeans should be made to fit us… not the other way around.
Regardless of height… If you have a short torso, your body probably gets its length from your legs. There are plenty of jeans that will fit your proportions the way you want, it’s just a matter of finding the right ones.
Read our top tips for finding the right jeans and find out which pairs made our top 5 list below!
If you want access to your own personalized store full of jeans just for you (for free!), join our community. You’ll get jean recommendations for your body shape based on how different brands fit.
Best Jeans For Short Torsos: At A Glance
We’ve looked everywhere for the best jeans for women with short torsos. Here are our favorites! Want more details? Just scroll down!
How to Choose the Right Jeans for Your Short Torso
If you have a shorter torso (helllooo legs!) take a look at these tips before heading out on your next shopping trip.
- Look for mid-rise options. Your jeans waistline affects how much of your torso (and therefore how much of your shirt) is showing. If you’re short waisted, consider mid-rise or even low-rise jeans. This will balance out your proportions and make sure you have room on your top half to show off your cute shirt. Stay away from anything super high cut, so your jeans don’t completely cover your ribcage.
- Find semi-fitted silhouettes to elongate your frame. Balance your short torso by elongating the look of your whole body. You can do this by wearing semi-fitted jean styles (bootcut and straight-leg jeans) or skinny jeans. Since they are more snug, these jeans elongate your legs more than flare jeans or wide-leg jeans. Looser pairs like mom jeans and boyfriend jeans have a similar elongating look.
- Choose a length that works for you. Having a short torso doesn’t necessarily mean you are short. It might mean you carry your height in your legs instead of your torso. Regardless of how tall you are, choose jeans with the right inseam for you. If you are tall, you may need jeans with a longer inseam than average.
- If you’re short, try petite sizing. We love petite sizing! Petite jeans are made for petite women, so finding pairs for short torsos is a breeze. If you’re 5’3” or shorter, or if you have short legs, look for petite sizing at your favorite retailers.
The 5 Best Jeans For Women With Short Torsos
Here at Revelle, we pride ourselves on helping women find their perfect pair of jeans. Check out our roundup of the 5 best jeans for women with short torsos.
A comfortable pair of skinny jeans with fun details? Yes, please. These fun, plus-size ankle jeans have a unique wash that flatters your bum. They also elongate your figure by drawing the eye to the fun ankle detail.
- Size Range: 14W to 24W
- Inseam: 30.5”
- Rise: 10”
- Price (when blog was published): $21.99
Straight-leg jeans are elongating, making them a great balance for short midsections. This distressed pair of black jeans is perfect for a night out with friends!
- Size Range: 23 to 32
- Inseam: 27”
- Rise: 11.5”
- Price (when blog was published): $198.00
For a casual look, check out this barrel-leg pair from Whistles. They’re cropped and have a relaxed silhouette without looking baggy.
- Size Range: 24 to 34
- Inseam: 26.4”
- Rise: 10”
- Price (when blog was published): $189.00
These mid-rise jeans have a long inseam, so they are perfect if you have long legs. Their bootcut silhouette also makes them ultra-flattering and elongating. Add a blazer and some high-heels and you’re ready for work or date night!
- Size Range: 23 to 34
- Inseam: 34”
- Rise: 8.5”
- Price (when blog was published): $205.00
High-waisted jeans elongate a petite frame, even if you have a short torso. These petite jeans are made for short women and come in a cute, trendy light wash.
- Inseam: 28.5”
- Price (when blog was published): $19.99
Find Your Perfect Jeans
At Revelle, we like to think of ourselves as jean experts. Professionals in the denim department. Your personal jean curator… too much? Okay, okay. We know that a woman’s body isn’t defined by one body shape. That’s why we use our algorithm to find the best jeans for your individual shape. Sign up now to see your personalized recommendations!
Revelle is on a mission to make women feel beautiful in their bodies every day by helping them find clothes that actually FIT, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you do purchase something by clicking on a link, we may receive a small commission.