It shouldn’t be so hard to find the perfect pair of jeans, right? Revelle is on a mission to change that by curating jeans for women with all different body shapes. Today, we’re talking about the best mom jeans for petite women.
We are huge fans of petite sizing and have rounded up our 4 favorite pairs for all of you mom jeans lovers out there.
For more personalized jeans recommendations, make a free Revelle account. Once you sign up, you’ll get access to an online jeans store filled with recommended pairs just for you.
How to Find Jeans if You’re Petite
We know shopping as a petite woman can be a challenge, so these are our top tips for finding jeans you’ll love that fit your proportions.
- Shop petite sizing. Not every brand offers petite sizes, but isn’t it THE BEST when they do? Petite jeans are for women 5’3” and under, so all of the proportions are made for your height. Petite jeans are especially great for looser silhouettes (like dad jeans or wide-leg jeans) because they won’t have too much fabric for your frame.
- Check the inseam length. The inseam is the seam that runs from your crotch to your ankle. Even if the jeans aren’t “petite”, you’ll be able to find pairs with the right inseam length for you, so make sure to look for it when you’re shopping.
- Cuff your jeans. We believe that jeans should be made to fit you. You shouldn’t have to modify them or feel like you need to change to make them work… BUT we also know what it’s like to LOVE a pair of jeans that is a little too long. If you don’t want to hem them, try cute ways to cuff your jeans instead.
- Look for high-waisted options. Petite high-rise jeans, regardless of the style (bootcut jeans, flare jeans, skinny jeans, etc.), will elongate your legs.
What Are Mom Jeans?
Mom jeans are high-waisted jeans with a relaxed fit. They aren’t as loose as baggy jeans (which are trending right now), but they also aren’t as structured as straight-leg jeans. You might call them the perfect in-between… We certainly do!
They’re similar to boyfriend jeans, but they’re often high-rise (or mid-rise) and have a flattering tapered leg that gives them an effortless, trendy, look.
4 Best Mom Jeans for Petite Women
New favorite jean alert! This light-wash pair from Levi’s is a bestseller for a reason. While these jeans aren’t labeled “petite,” they DO have a petite inseam. The inseam of these jeans is 28” and most petite jeans fall between 25” and 30.” They are some of the best high-rise jeans ever because of their light blue color and flattering, tapered leg. If you like them but want a little more structure, Levi’s also has a Wedgie Straight-Leg version.
- Style tip: Add a crop top and some cute slides for the perfect warm weather look!
A classic, medium-wash pair of mom jeans… what more could you want? These jeans have a cute button closure, a frayed hem, and a relaxed waistline. Plus, they’re cropped (the ultimate petite-friendly cut!).
- Style tip: Wear a linen shirt (or comfy sweatshirt) and layered jewelry for a relaxed, beachy fit.
These high-waisted jeans are distressed, have a frayed hem, and come in a dark wash from ASOS. They have a slim fit, so they’re a little more structured than other mom jeans. Plus, they’re cropped jeans, so the length will work regardless of your height.
- Style tip: Pair these jeans with a white t-shirt, blazer, and heels for a girl’s night out!
These ankle jeans are ultra high-rise and come in a classic blue color. Since these jeans will go with anything, add booties or sandals to finish the outfit depending on the time of year.
- Style tip: This full-length pair is perfect for cuffing or rolling to make them extra short (show off those shoes!).
Find Your Perfect Jeans
For personalized jeans recommendations, join the Revelle community! We don’t believe body types should dictate your jeans shopping experience, so instead of scouring the internet (we see you, Amazon shoppers!), we’ll curate jeans FOR YOU from your favorite denim brands and retailers (including Madewell, Agolde, Everlane, Gap, and more!). We’ll also recommend which size to purchase based on how the brand fits and reviews from other women.
Revelle is on a mission to make women feel beautiful in their bodies every day by helping them find clothes that actually FIT, and we only feature products we think you’ll love as much as we do. Please note that if you do purchase something by clicking on a link, we may receive a small commission.
show comments on this post (0)